Health: Illegal Drugs Project
Scroll down beneath these instructions for the spelling of your assigned drug.
Database Sources: More Available at Online Research Library on school desktop or your eClass.
Individual Research on Drug (graded by Gordon)
1. Open Scrible.com and sign up or log in using your school Gmail account that ends in @lanierhs.org.
2. Navigate to the CLASSROOM tab in Scrible and JOIN the class with the code for your section:
1B = 88wztvby
3B = pkyosb62
3. Launch your Project Dashboard once you click the assignment on Scrible.
4. Format your Project Deliverable (Google Doc) by clicking it, changing its Page Setup Orientation to Landscape and then pasting in the table from this document into the one you launch from Scrible. (Remember to Authorize Scrible Writer.)
Table to paste into your Google Doc deliverable
5. Use databases and websites suggested and demonstrated to locate facts--using the Comment on a Passage tool to mark and comment on each--to match those in the table and listed here as well. (Remember to use a book for at least one fact to get an A grade on source use.)
1) What kind of drug is it? Where does it come from or how is it made?
2) Street Names—other things this drug is called.
3) How is this drug used / ingested?
4) Short-term effects on the mind and body
5) Long-term effects and risk of addiction
6) Facts or statistics about who uses this drug or its popularity
7) interesting fact A
8) interesting fact B
9) interesting fact C
10) interesting fact D
6. Use the passages and comments from Scribled sources to paste your work into the table on the Google Doc. For the book source, JUST fill in the COMMENT ON THE PASSAGE part of the table so that you don't have to type in the direct quotation from the book fact--just your summary understanding of that information.
*Always make sure any online source you use has been added to the correct Assignment Library (building button) so that you can get credit for it.
*Use the sticky note button to comment on a passage.
*Use the quote signs button to check and correct the source information.
*Add the online sources you use (and create an offline source for your book) to your Bibliography to get a copy and paste version of your Works Cited to add to the Google Doc deliverable.
Grading Criteria (see research rubric here):
1. (anabolic) steroids
13. Oxycontin (Oxycodone)
Project/Presentation (graded by Health teacher)
ADOBE SPARK--Page, Site, or Video
It's easy to set up an account with your Gmail and then to make a simple webpage or "video" made up of with images showing your drug and the research note-cards for information. Try it: You'll like it.
Movie Making Tools:
Digital Storytelling: Cartoon/Comic Tools:
Some Alternatives to PowerPoint, Prezi, & Posterboards: