9th Grade Mini Research Mini with Pro/Con Articles
Log in to the following:
- GCPS Student portal-->
- G Suite for Education (Find under Additional Resources on page with textbooks & grades)
- Scrible (sign up for an account if you haven't activated yet.)
- Make a library in Scrible called Mini Research.
- Show a teacher your Scrible work for check off before moving on to the Google Doc.
- complete article highlights and comments AND Part I on the Document for a B+.
- complete article highlights and comments, Part I AND Part II on the Document for an A.
- complete article highlights and comments, Part I, Part II, and Part III on the Document for an A+.
Off campus, you will need to use passwords from your student portal to access the articles from SIRS
Garnier 1st/3rd blocks
Garnier 4th, 5th, & 8th
Download this Google Doc to collect the best of the information you find and comments you write.
If none of these topics pique your interest, you can browse others at the databases below or the main page for SIRS Issues Researcher.
Newsela set of five articles on cell phones
"U.S. Students Need a Cell Phone Detox"
"Cellphones Beginning to Gain Acceptance Inside Some US Schools"
"Debate Rages Over Smartphones in Schools"
Article 1: "Schools Ditching Homework for Younger Students in Favor of Reading, Family Time"
Article 2: "Should Kids Have Homework? The Great Debate"
Article 3: "More Sleep and Less Homework"